Wouldn’t the SAT & ACT be easier if you could solve every math problem using 4th grade math skills?
© 2004 - 2018 Carolina College Prep, Inc.
All rights reserved. 803/957-0459
Wouldn’t the SAT & ACT be easier if you could
solve every math problem using 4th grade math skills?
It was not the typical beginning of a company. In fact, it was very indirect, and highly segmented. Jonathan Wilson, CFP® began business in 1994 as a financial advisor with American Express Financial Advisors. As all CFP licensees are encouraged to specialize, Wilson identified financial planning for parents with college bound children as an area of particular interest. To ultimately increase his flexibility in the college planning field, Wilson founded his own financial planning firm in 1996 (specific information on these services can be found by clicking the ).
This college planning focus soon spawned other ventures within the college planning field, as college planning is not just about “saving or investing” for college.
1. In late 1996, College placement and scholarship packaging for students was added to the list of services Wilson’s firm (then called “College Tuition Strategies”) provided.
2. In 1999, the establishment of the $5,000 SC Life Scholarship (which was initially $2,000 per year for 4 years, and is now $5,000 per year for 4 years) spawned the Live SAT/ ACT Prep Course. At that point, it was clear that the first step in improving a student’s college scholarship package was to improve his SAT score, and n effective SAT Prep course was required to accomplish this task.
3. In 2003, Wilson added Advanced Critical Reading (Speed Reading) Courses, as well as adding individual tutoring services for SAT Prep students. He also changed the name of the company to “Carolina College Prep.”
4. In 2004, Wilson began conducting One Day SAT/ ACT Prep Workshops at High Schools - at the bequest of South Florence HS, and Camden Military Academy. Since that time, these workshops have become very popular at a many SC & GA high schools. Well over a thousand students attend these on-campus SAT/ ACT Prep workshops each year.
5. In 2016, the format of the SAT was changed beginning with the March 2016 test. This focus in tested content created an SAT test close enough in covered material to the ACT that our Live Course can now prepare students for both tests.
Going forward, the firm continues to innovate and redefine itself to best fit the needs of the community.
Bachelor of Arts in English. The Citadel, Charleston, SC 1989.
3 year starter for Men’s Soccer Team at The Citadel.
Masters Degree (Unfinished). Columbia International University, Columbia, SC 1992-1993.
Certified Financial Planner Licensee, 1999-present.
Jonathan and the kids in 2006.
Infantry Officer, United States Army 1989-1992. Gulf War Veteran.
American Express Financial Advisors 1994-1996.
Founded College Tuition Strategies in 1996 (now known as “Carolina College Prep”).
M-CAT, L-SAT, and GRE Instructor for the University of South Carolina via the Office of Pre-professional Advising 2000-2004.
SAT Instruction since 1999.
ACT Instruction since 2015.
Former College Head Soccer Coach at Newberry College 2002-2003
|Live SAT & ACT Prep Course|
|Online SAT & ACT Prep University|
|1 On 1 Tutoring for the SAT & ACT|
|Introduction to Logic & Critical Thinking|
|Advanced Critical Reading|
|College Financial Aid Form Preparation|
|College Admissions Essay Help|
|TI-83 Calculators ~ Less Than $40!|
|Greater Columbia Fall SAT & ACT Prep Course Schedule|
|Florence SC & Lumberton NC SAT & ACT Prep Course Schedule ~ Florence, SC & Lumberton, NC|
|Spring & Summer SAT & ACT Prep Course Schedule ~ Columbia,SC|
|Why It Works|
|Score Increase Guarantee|
|FREE Retake Provisions|
|Live SAT & ACT Prep Course Format|
|Comprehensive & Cost Effective|
|Test Prep Testimonials|
|SAT/ACT Summer Camp|
|More Test Prep Testimonials|
|Sample Before & After Essay|
|On Campus High School SAT & ACT Workshops|
|Fund Raising Opportunities|